Wednesday, March 24, 2010

When all else fails...

What do you do when your day is not going as well as you would like?  I bake.  I love to cook but baking makes me feel all warm and cozy which is my idea of what momma's should feel like.  I baked banana muffins the other day.  Everyone liked them and it gave me a feeling of accomplishment.  You know what I mean...when you watch someone grab a muffin out of a basket as they walk by?  There's just something about cooking from scratch that makes me feel more like a mom.  Oh don't get me wrong there are plenty of times I cook and the kids don't like it.  Larry will eat whatever I cook and will usually say "That's a keeper" if it's really good.  If I don't hear it, then I know.  It's our form of easy conversation.  Works better than "Bleck!  This is disgusting!" hahaha  I hear "That's a keeper" alot so I must be doing something right.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah you're a pretty good cook/baker. I knew you were a keeper when I had your spaghetti the first time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, my baby girl as are you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete